Manor house, c.1623, largely rebuilt and extended c.1800 and altered mid-C19. Mid/late C19 north-east service extensions. Entrance porch and projecting bay of garden front added 1901. Converted to home for elderly 1951. Dressed sandstone; Lakeland slate roofs, with stone ridge copings. 7-bay (south) garden front has slightly-projecting centre bay, with doorway, up 2 steps. Arms of Pease and Gurney quartered in tympanum. Sash windows with glazing bars, in hollow-chamfered flat surrounds; 6-pane middle window in eared architrave. 2 corniced ridge stacks.