Roman Catholic church. Opened 1842. Design attributed to A W N Pugin, later additions north transept, east vestries and apparently the tower – by Messrs C Hadfield & Sons. 4 bay aisled nave with gabled clerestory lights; 2 bay chancel with apse. West front Early English: central pointed doorway of several orders and label. Above are 5 lancets with triple keeled shafts and dog-tooth upper mouldings. Vesica window in coped gable. Pair of lancets at west end of south aisle. Tower at north west corner. 5 styles with set back buttresses having pointed terminals containing blind cusped tracery. Embattled parapet. 2nd stage of tower has 2 tall lancets with drilled patterns in jambs. The north entrance, under the tower, also with drilled jambs. Main porch to south. Gabled chapel to south west. 4 bay window to interior with organ loft bay to west.