The church of St. Wilfrid consists of a chancel measuring internally 28 ft. 4 in. by 17 ft. 11 in., nave 44 ft. 1 in. by 17 ft. 7 in. and south porch. A small round-headed window in the south wall points to the 12th century origin of the fabric, but this window is the only detail remaining of the date. The earlier of the other windows date from about 1260, when the chancel was probably rebuilt. The porch is comparatively modern of the late 18th century. Over the roof at the west end is a plain wood bellturret with a pyramidal roof; it contains two bells.
There is a large amount of relatively modern carved furniture in the church, including a very large organ; much of the carving was done by the rector, the Rev. W. T. Kingsley, who held the living in 1859. The chancel arch has been rebuilt. The lower parts of the jambs are modern, the upper parts are old, and apparently the old bases of the semi-octagonal responds have been raised. The capitals are of a coarse section and probably of 15th-century date. The two-centred drop arch is of two chamfered orders.