The Church, which is dedicated to St. Thomas the Apostle, is an ancient structure, standing upon an elevated site on the north side of the town. It is principally of the Norman period, and simple in detail, its oldest portion being the lower stages of the tower. The restorations or additions, which have been effected from time to time, are of the Early English and Later Decorated styles. It consists of nave, aisles, chancel, south porch, and western tower. The chantry chapel at the east end of the south aisle, and dedicated to St. Mary, was probably added about 1225.